Lightforge Games is a new studio bringing the roleplaying back into RPGs.
We're looking for people of all levels, backgrounds, voices, identities, and perspectives to join us on our journey. We strongly believe the key to making a better game, better company, and better industry begins with a diverse set of voices.
We value transparency, empathy, and personal growth, and we believe that making games is both an art and a science.
As a fully remote company, we're open to teammates living nearly anywhere. We practice nonlinear workdays, allowing everyone to determine how and when they work best. We also follow an open salary policy where all pay details are shared with everyone. This holds us accountable to fair pay.
Lightforge Games is very much a work-in-progress, and you can help shape who we are. Come join us to build something special!
Lightforge Games is looking for a 3D Environment Artist!
We're looking for an artist to create stylized AAA 3D environments for our game. We're seeking candidates of all seniority levels — from associate to senior!
In this role, you'll work closely with our Art Director and Art Leads to create environments, props, and other assets while adding your voice to the look and style of our game. In addition, we'll look to your experience and personal insight on our pipeline and style.
By joining us at this early stage, you’ll play a huge role in guiding the direction of our project and company. We’re looking for an artist who is excited to take on new challenges and grow along with us.
- Create beautiful, style-defining game models and materials for environments.
- Work closely with our Art Director and Art Leads to help develop and define our game’s art style and pipeline, including tech and software needs.
- Collaboratively review assets developed by in-house team members and outsourced teams, helping to ensure that everything we create is achieving our established quality and style standards.
- Explore new techniques and software that improve our team's workflow, in particular around procedural generation.
- Tactfully communicate ideas and feedback on how to improve artwork, pipeline, and game design.
- Contribute your story to Lightforge's direction and values.
- Experience and passion for creating 3D environments and props that reflect a fantasy world setting.
- Ability to create high poly 3D game assets using ZBrush or equivalent program.
- Experience optimizing high poly meshes to create low poly 3D game assets.
- Ability to create stylized smart materials and textures in Substance Painter, Substance Designer, 3DCoat, or Houdini.
- Understanding of environments and the anatomies of natural and unnatural biomes.
- A keen eye for color, with a fundamental understanding of color and color theory
- Self-motivated and proactive, with the ability to work remotely.
- High interest or familiarity in working with Houdini software.
- 2D concept art ability.
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine 4 development.
- Knowledge of modular environment creation.
- Interest in creating 3D models and materials for costumes and equipment.
If this sounds like a job you might be suited for, but maybe you think you're not quite ready, we’d love to hear from you anyway! You never know what's around the corner...