Lightforge Games is a new studio bringing the roleplaying back into RPGs.
We're looking for people of all levels, backgrounds, voices, identities, and perspectives to join us on our journey. We strongly believe the key to making a better game, better company, and better industry begins with a diverse set of voices.
We value transparency, empathy, and personal growth, and we believe that making games is both an art and a science.
As a fully remote company, we're open to teammates living nearly anywhere. We practice nonlinear workdays, allowing everyone to determine how and when they work best. We also follow an open salary policy where all pay details are shared with everyone. This holds us accountable to fair pay.
Lightforge Games is very much a work-in-progress, and you can help shape who we are. Come join us to build something special!
Lightforge Games is looking for a Backend Engineer!
We're looking for an engineer to help us build a memorable online experience for our players. We're seeking candidates experienced in developing online systems.
In this role, you'll design and build systems that provide a first-class experience for our players and help shape our online services in a player-first way.
By joining us at this early stage, you’ll play a huge role in guiding the direction of our project and our team. We're looking for someone who wants to build online experiences and is excited about being involved in the process from design to deployment.
- Work with both the engineering and design teams to develop online systems and features that are core to our game's experience.
- Integrate our online systems into the game
- Define and build tooling and processes for development and deploying our services.
- Embrace and uphold our Core Values
- Contribute your story to Lightforge's direction.
- Strong understanding of networking concepts.
- Experience developing online systems (not necessarily in games).
- Experience writing scalable, maintainable code for backend services.
- Desire to contribute to many areas of development.
- Self-motivated and proactive, with ability to fully embrace a remote work culture.
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine 4 development.
- Familiarity with developing games and online services for games.
- Experience with C++
- Familiarity with infrastructure development
- Familiarity with CI/automation tooling.
- Familiarity with development best practices
If this sounds like a job you might be suited for, but maybe you think you're not quite ready, we’d love to hear from you anyway! You never know what's around the corner...