Lightforge Games is a new studio bringing the roleplaying back into RPGs.
We're looking for people of all levels, backgrounds, voices, identities, and perspectives to join us on our journey. We strongly believe the key to making a better game, better company, and better industry begins with a diverse set of voices.
We value transparency, empathy, and personal growth, and we believe that making games is both an art and a science.
As a fully remote company, we're open to teammates living nearly anywhere. We practice nonlinear workdays, allowing everyone to determine how and when they work best. We also follow an open salary policy where all pay details are shared with everyone. This holds us accountable to fair pay.
Lightforge Games is very much a work-in-progress, and you can help shape who we are. Come join us to build something special!
Lightforge Games is looking for a Concept Artist!
We're looking for a Concept Artist to help us develop and define our game’s art style by creating compelling 2D artwork in collaboration with our art and design teams. We're seeking talented candidates of all experience levels — from associate to senior!
In this role, you'll work closely with the Art Director and Art Leads to help develop and define our game's art style and workflow processes. You will brainstorm thoughts and ideas from all sources through 2D concept artwork, while helping to ensure that everything we create is achieving our established quality and style standards.
By joining us at this early stage, your art will play a huge role in guiding the direction of our project and our team. We’re looking for someone who loves working in a cross-disciplinary team, and is excited to take on new challenges and grow along with us.
- Concept a variety of environment props and biomes
- Concept the look of new characters, creatures, attire, and weapons
- Regularly meet with the team to review artwork from in-house artists and outsource studios
- Sync 1:1 with Art Director and Team Leads to define look and feel of art assets
- Be an active voice in art team meetings and sprint planning sessions
- Embrace and uphold our Core Values
- Contribute your story to Lightforge's direction
- Listening to and empowering the stories of others
- Highly functional knowledge of Photoshop or similar digital content creation tools and demonstrated proficiency creating digital art assets
- Understanding of environments and the anatomies of natural and unnatural biomes
- Thorough understanding of color and color theory
- Fundamental knowledge of human and animal anatomy
- Self-motivated and proactive, with the ability to fully embrace a remote work culture
- Growth mindset - A desire to do your best work without being ego-driven or resistant to feedback and guidance
- Concept environments and props in 3D, with assets that could then be used for the game.
If this sounds like a job you might be suited for, but maybe you think you're not quite ready, we’d love to hear from you anyway! You never know what's around the corner...