Lightforge Games is an all-remote video game studio of industry veterans on a quest to change how the world plays RPGs.
We value transparency, empathy, and growth over comfort and are looking for people of all seniority levels, backgrounds, voices, identities, and perspectives who want to join us on our journey.
As a remote-distributed company, all positions are remote and do not require relocation. We practice nonlinear workdays, allowing everyone the flexibility to determine how and when they work best.
Lightforge Games is very much a work-in-progress and we’d love to have you help define who we are. Come join us to build something special!
Lightforge Games is looking for a Lead Animator!
We need an animator who can lead our game’s animation efforts – from designing an animation style to developing our asset plan to directing external animators. And of course, directly animating characters!
We want our game to have a fun animation style, and we recognize that dances and emotes add more than just personality to a game – they’re a great way for players to express themselves.
As one of our first hires, you’ll play a huge role in setting the direction of our project and company. We’re looking for an animator with proven experience who can grow with the company.
- Develop our animation style from scratch, establishing the quality bar for all internally and externally created assets.
- Work with the Art Director, Technical Artist, and Lead 3D Artist to develop and maintain the animation and VFX pipeline.
- Work with the Art Director to review outsourced animations. Provide edits, paint overs, or mockups, accompanied by easily understood and concisely written feedback.
- Directly animate characters with the ability to add the last bit of polish to any internally and externally sourced animations that are not quite hitting our quality standards.
- Determine required assets and parameters necessary to meet the game’s vision.
- Contribute to the company direction and values.
- Experience with UE4 animation and rigging systems.
- Proven experience as an animator on a major video game.
- Expert knowledge and skill animating the bipedal figure, accompanied by an imagination to animate fictional creatures and characters.
- Strong understanding of animating the body and facial features to show a character’s emotions and attitudes.
- A strong passion for player self-expression through animations.
- Masterful written and verbal communication skills that will help guide internal and external teammates to achieve our animation and VFX quality standards.
- Ability to work with common facial animation systems.
- Self-motivated and proactive with the ability to work remotely while collaborating with a team.
- Experience creating VFX
- 2D animation skills
- Experience working on live-service games
Lightforge Games is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and welcome diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment.