Lightforge Games is a new studio bringing the roleplaying back into RPGs.
We're looking for people of all levels, backgrounds, voices, identities, and perspectives to join us on our journey. We strongly believe the key to making a better game, better company, and better industry begins with a diverse set of voices.
We value transparency, empathy, and personal growth, and we believe that making games is both an art and a science.
As a fully remote company, we're open to teammates living nearly anywhere. We practice nonlinear workdays, allowing everyone to determine how and when they work best. We also follow an open salary policy where all pay details are shared with everyone. This holds us accountable to fair pay.
Lightforge Games is very much a work-in-progress, and you can help shape who we are. Come join us to build something special!
Lightforge Games is looking for a Lead VFX Artist!
We're looking for a Lead VFX Artist to help us build the team, pipelines, and processes needed to create the VFX that will help define our game’s art style. We're seeking senior candidates with experience owning cross-functional projects and leading and inspiring teams.
In this role, you'll work closely with the Art Director to develop and define our games VFX art style and workflow processes while incorporating feedback from the art team. You will also be instrumental in building our VFX capabilities by leveraging internal team resources and outsource studios, ensuring that everything we create is achieving our established quality and style standards.
By joining us at this early stage, you’ll play a huge role in guiding the direction of our project and our team. We’re looking for someone who loves VFX and working closely with gameplay teams to make awesome player experiences.
- Establish our VFX pipeline in Unreal and ensure its smooth operation and scalability
- Help build our VFX team both in-house and via external studios
- Concept, create, and implement VFX assets into our game builds - you will initially be a VFX department of one as we work together to figure out how to scale up
- Communicate VFX feedback to internal and external team members in design and art review sessions
- Represent VFX in design and art huddles, eventually running your own team meetings
- Work with Art Direction to define VFX priority lists and strategy - communicating these plans in regular sprint planning meetings
- Embrace and uphold our Core Values.
- Contribute your story to Lightforge's direction.
- Listening to and empowering the stories of others
- Expert ability with animation and VFX software - Unreal (Niagara), Blender, Maya, etc.
- Fundamental knowledge of color, light, shape design, composition, and movement
- Ability to communicate feedback in a concise and constructive way - including to resources external to the studio
- An empathetic approach to leading a team and driving to best results
- Self-motivated and proactive, with ability to fully embrace a remote work culture.
- Working knowledge of Unreal Engine (4.0+)
If this sounds like a job you might be suited for, but maybe you think you're not quite ready, we’d love to hear from you anyway! You never know what's around the corner...