Lightforge Games is a new studio bringing the roleplaying back into RPGs.
We're looking for people of all levels, backgrounds, voices, identities, and perspectives to join us on our journey. We strongly believe the key to making a better game, better company, and better industry begins with a diverse set of voices.
We value transparency, empathy, and personal growth, and we believe that making games is both an art and a science.
As a fully remote company, we're open to teammates living nearly anywhere. We practice nonlinear workdays, allowing everyone to determine how and when they work best. We also follow an open salary policy where all pay details are shared with everyone. This holds us accountable to fair pay.
Lightforge Games is very much a work-in-progress, and you can help shape who we are. Come join us to build something special!
Lightforge Games is looking for a System Designer!
We're looking for an experienced designer to help delight and engage our players.
In this role, you'll conceptualize, pitch, implement, and balance game systems and features. You'll work with a team that values an open-minded, collaborative environment.
By joining us at this early stage, you’ll play a huge role in guiding the direction of our project and our team. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about creating engaging and unique gameplay experiences, and is excited to take on new challenges and grow along with us.
- Design progress, rewards, character, combat, and other systems that support the game's direction.
- Direct, collaborate, and provide feedback on gameplay systems, art, and content development
- Effectively communicate ideas, receive feedback, and iterate.
- Work closely with leadership to refine and champion the game's vision
- Organize and actively participate in playtests to both parse and provide gameplay feedback
- Develop and maintain documentation of systems
- Embrace and uphold our Core Values
- Contribute your story to Lightforge's direction
- History of developing successful features in a system design or similar role
- Demonstrated ability to communicate design vision
- A collaborative mindset that considers diverse perspectives
- Extensive experience with playing roleplaying and creative games
- Solid math and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and proactive, with the ability to fully embrace a remote work culture.
- Familiarity with scripting languages
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 development
- Strong understanding of player motivation
- Experience with playing tabletop games
If this sounds like a job you might be suited for, but maybe you think you're not quite ready, we’d love to hear from you anyway! You never know what's around the corner...